Wednesdays are for… Sharing your sober wisdom!
Knowledge is power and there is SO MUCH to learn in sobriety! From who you are as a sober individual to the nitty-gritty of alcohol’s effect on the body and mind, sobriety is a chance to discover a whole new world. It’s scary, but it’s also bloody fantastic.
Some of the nuggets of wisdom that I’ve learnt on my sober journey so far are:
- I am HAPPIER and more INSPIRED when I’m sober – this one is a biggie.
- It’s okay to say no to events & opt for a cosy night in – honestly, this was a revelation for me.
- Blacking out is not standard practice & is as a result of long-term memories not being formed thanks to a high blood-alcohol level (who knew?!).
- AF drinks are delicious & can help with cravings.
- The quit-lit genre is amazing, full of wisdom and hope.
- Dependency on alcohol is progressive, sneaky and affects all walks of life.
For me, this journey to sobriety is all about learning, growing and evolving. It’s about finally learning from mistakes to build a brighter, more beautiful life while sharing my experience in the hope it will help others know that they are not alone, and there is always, always time to give yourself a chance at happiness.