I’d like to say a HUGE thank you to Claire for this nomination. You’ve been my virtual rock throughout this sober journey so far and your kind words never fail to lift me up!
For those who haven’t yet had the pleasure of reading Claire’s blog, be sure to check it out! It’s filled with beautiful insights to her life after Ditching the Wine.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees one you have uploaded your post.
My answers to Claire’s Questions:
If you could have had any job/career what would it have been?
Full-time writer, without a doubt!
If you were stranded on a desert island what three items would you choose to have with you?
I’ve always really struggled to answer this question! I guess I’d have to say a solar-powered torch, a penknife and Cuddles – my childhood teddy cat who has been around the world with me.
What the thing you like most about yourself?
Probably my dark sense of humour. It’s got me into trouble a few times, but it’s been worth it.
If you could relive one day again, exactly as it was before, what day would it be and why?
On holiday with my family and best friend at St David’s Bay in Wales. Me & the bestie were still young enough to have an unfaltering sense of adventure and that belief that we could do and be anything.
If you could only see one more band/singer live, who would it be?
Elton John who, funnily enough, I and my Dad are supposed to see this year! His music reminds me of my childhood.
What is your biggest achievement in your life so far?
Completing my Master’s in Contemporary Literature which I studied full time while working full time. Everyone asked me how I did it – I still don’t have a bloody clue.
What’s your favourite way to relax (keep it clean please!)?
Reading – there is nothing I love more than losing myself in a good book.
You can have a superpower for a year. Which one would you choose?
I think being able to turn invisible would be so cool – imagine all the mischief I could get up to!
What’s your favourite time of day and why?
I love the mornings, especially now they’re not spent desperately hungover. They feel so full of possibility…
What are you most afraid of?
Being lonely. I’m lucky to have a close family and wonderful friends, I’d hate to think of life without them.
What are your ‘words to live by?’ Name the three most important for you.
“We’re always somewhere” – a long-standing joke between me and my bestie.
“Tomorrow is a new day” – My boyfriend says this too me when I’ve had a crappy day. It’s a nice reminder that if we are gifted tomorrow, it’s a chance to do and be better.
“I am grateful for…” – I write down three things I’m grateful for every day. In dark moments, I say this phrase and try to find something to brighten said darkness.
- I moved to Australia for two years after completing my undergraduate degree.
- I have a tattoo on each arm.
- I’m an Aquarius through and through.
- I’m not religious, but I am very spiritual.
- I am totally addicted to coffee.
- I’m a very tiny 4 foot 11 inches.
- I absolutely love dogs – they are the best.
- I’m more often than not dressed in all black (much to my boyfriend’s dismay who says I suit colour).
- My all-time favourite song is Elton John’s I Guess That’s Why They Call it the Blues.
- Despite the above fact, my favourite music genre is rock.
- I love reading about true crime.
- My favourite colour is purple in honour of my birthstone which is amethyst.
BeetleyPete – his posts always bring me joy– especially when they’re about his furry friend!
Filosofa’s World – this is a lovely, insightful blog that always has amazing content to read!
I love My New Life – this is one of the first blogs I came across when I first started my own sober journey. The words are honest, and I really appreciate that.
Sober and Unashamed – a great blog about recovery. The posts are raw & real.
Faded Jeans Living – every post on this blog makes me smile. I’d describe it as sweet and sincere.
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What never fails to make you smile?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What scares you?
- Do you have a favourite colour?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- If you had the offer to go to space, would you go?
- How do you measure your success?